WHF is now accepting nominations for board membership for the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 fiscal years. Both self-nominations and nominations by another WHF member are acceptable. Please send all board nominations, including resume of nominee, either directly to me ([email protected]) or a current board member for consideration. Elections will take place at our upcoming Annual Members’ Dinner on May 22nd. You do not need to be present at the dinner to be eligible for consideration, but it’s a lovely event so if you can, please attend. The WHF board will send out the slate of board nominees for review by Monday, May 7th.
Board member roles & responsibilities:
- Board membership terms are two years, with a maximum of two terms
- Board members have the opportunity to be elected to an officer position
- Board meeting attendance
- Event attendance
- Member recruitment
- Planning events (one “large” or series of “small”)
- Fundraising – our events typically have sponsors to help cover costs
- Staying current on membership dues
- Member in good standing
- Actively professionally engaged in the field of housing finance and/or development for at least two years
- Confirmation of eligibility by a current board member
At the May 23rd Annual Meeting, the WHF members present and those who provided votes via email in advance, elected the following:
New board members:
President - Jen Trepinski
VP of Programming - Blanca Ramirez
VP of Operations - Julie Behrens
Treasurer - Nancy Solomon
Secretary - Amy Boyle
Re-elected board members for a new term:
Note: Liz Eisenberg transitioned from an Officer role to a Board Member, which did not require a vote.
This year a number of officers and board members stepped down. We appreciate their years of service and will miss them!
Arianna Sacks Rosenberg
The new WHF website uses the same logins for members as the previous website but you do need to set a new password the first time you log in.
Your login is your email address and likely the one at which you receive WHF emails.
Select "Forgot Your Password?" to get a new password.
Once you have successfully set a new password, you should not have to do this again.
If you have tried the above and still have difficulty, please contact us!
A few notes for you about the new website:
1. You will likely need to reset your password. Just follow the "forgot your password" prompts. You should be able to get a new password set up on your own without trouble but if you run into difficulty, reach out to us via our Contact page.
2. If you aren't seeing emails from us or they are ending up in a spam filter, please add 'info [at] whfny [dot] emailnb [dot] com' to your list of approved senders.
3. When purchasing a ticket, please make sure you have selected the correct number of tickets that you want to buy. (Yes, you can buy 40 tickets to the members dinner but is that how many you really want?)
We are so glad to have a classy new website -- and one that we can update easily to share news.
Let us know if you encounter kinks so we can continue to improve our operations.
Women in Housing and Finance, Inc (WHF) is pleased to present its first industry salary and benefits survey. We believe it is important for women especially to understand the market of compensation, regardless of sector or profession. In an effort to bring some transparency, the survey was circulated widely throughout our members and networks, which include other real estate membership groups, professionals in the private sector, non-profit and public sectors. We look forward to your comments and refining the survey in future years.Read more
WHF is proud to unveil its new website with a fresh look and updated content. Please take a look around and let us know what you think.
We got a wonderful recommendation from a WHF member and ultimately ended up working with Wire Media, a woman-owned company and certified B-corp. We gladly recommend Wire Media to our members and friends.
We are using Nation Builder as the platform which we believe will be easier and more cost effective than our previous provider.
In this section of the website we will post non-event news. We have a separate section where we will post events and with links to registration.
As with any new endeavor, we may find there are a few kinks to work out. Please be patient with us as we collaborate in improving our performance.
Again -- welcome!