Bronx Pro Group seeks a compliance specialist to conduct annual income certifications for its growing affordable housing portfolio.
- Preparation and approval of annual income re-certifications for properties financed with LIHTC, HOME and other subsidy programs.
- Monitor and track compliance progress.
- Prepare compliance reports for review by allocating agencies.
- Ensure compliance with properties with multiple financing programs.
- Prepare for audits and respond to findings.
- Participate in NYC Housing Connect lotteries- conduct eligibility appointments for affordable housing programs.
- Complete applicant files by obtaining and reviewing applicant income documentation and third-party verifications and demonstrating that applicants meet all eligibility criteria.
- Other duties may include- credit and criminal background checks, assist with processing subsidies, showing units and other marketing and compliance activities.
- At least two years of experience working in LIHTC and/or Section 8 property management or compliance.
- Accredited Housing Certification required: LIHTC and/or certified occupancy specialist.
- Knowledge of the affordable housing industry, NYC rent stabilization and federal and local subsidy programs.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
- NY State Notary License, a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus.
- Valid NY State driver’s license and access to transportation, a plus.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Strong communication skills.
Creativity and initiative to work both independently and within a team in a busy, highly regulated environment.
“Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. “