HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest low-income housing developers and homeless services providers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. Through quality housing construction and comprehensive programs, HELP enables residents to live in dignity in a safe environment.
With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 52 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
HELP USA has 13 currently operating permanent housing properties in five states, with a total of over 1200 housing units, and an additional seven permanent housing properties under construction or development. Plans include continued development and management of affordable housing units on the east coast where the organization has already established a permanent housing presence.
HELP USA is seeking a Vice President of Property Management who will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of property management services. This person will report to the Chief Housing Officer and oversee all property management staff (total staff of about 75). Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing effective and efficient property management services that comply with local regulations in the areas of:
- asset management
- rent-up and marketing
- tenant selection
- budget development
- rent collection
- tenant relations
- maintenance and security
Completion of annual recertifications, audits and other reports accurately and on time
- Property financial operations including timely payment of mortgage payments, taxes, etc.; development of budgets for each site; and preparation and analysis of budget variances
- Ensuring compliance with finance and funding source guidelines; relevant legislation (ADA, FFHA, etc.); and federal, state and local regulations and building codes
- Managing relationships with funding allocation agencies in multiple states and social service providers in supportive housing projects, including monthly liaison with service providers
- Receiving complaints/inquiries from residents and ensuring prompt resolution by site staff
- Coordinating with HELP USA leadership to continually analyze Property Management functions and recommend changes as necessary
- Serving as a liaison between on-site staff and HELP USA Central Office
REQUIRED: A minimum of 10 years’ experience in affordable housing/ Low Income Housing Tax Credit property management, specifically including:
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit/HOME/CDBG/Housing Trust Funds compliance
- Property management, lease, and rental agreements
- Budget development and analysis
- Contract negotiations with vendors and contractors
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a Master’s Degree preferred
- Computer literacy (specifically Microsoft software programs) is a must
- Willingness and ability to travel between property sites
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.