At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Community Development Finance
Support a team of Portfolio Managers that manage Community Finance construction and permanent financings and low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) fund investments from pre-closing to repayment or end of term.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review documents and monitor loans for compliance with terms, conditions and financial covenants. Maintain credit files.
- Standardize and prepare quarterly interest and/or letter of credit fee reserve analyses for construction projects.
- Reevaluate real estate collateral, analyze guarantor financial wherewithal and prepare risk rating summaries for asset reviews and approval requests.
- Prepare lease-up analysis, operating analysis and amortization schedules for permanent loan conversion requests.
- Monitor and prepare updates for the monthly pipeline report.
- Maintain the integrity of the system of record for LIHTC funds, by post-closing setup of new investments, periodic review of data and preparation of reports.
- Support accounting function by monitoring LIHTC fund benefit schedules, financial statements and Schedule K-1s.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in the administration or portfolio management of commercial real estate OR At least 3 years of experience in the administration or portfolio management of community finance construction loans OR At least 3 years of experience in the administration or portfolio management of LIHTC fund asset management
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation and influencing skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Completion of credit training program
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).