Rockabill Consulting – Development LLC is a privately held consulting and development company operating in the affordable housing industry, primarily helping Not For Profits to preserve and develop over 10,000 units of affordable & supportive housing since 2007.
Rockabill is expanding both its consulting and development platforms by seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager for individual project consulting assignments and to support the development work of the President. In addition the role offers individuals the opportunity to develop their own business line with the support of an underlying platform. The right candidate must be a self-starter who is capable of underwriting and managing all aspects of the development process for affordable housing projects financed with Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Tax-Exempt Bonds, and various State and City subsidy programs.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports To: President
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage projects through the development cycle: concept, design, financing, construction, & lease-up;
- Solicit, review and negotiate architect, contractor and consultant proposals;
- Source and underwrite information necessary to construct financial models of proposed projects including development costs, operating revenue, and expense information;
- Attend project pre-development meetings and construction site meetings;
- Compile and prepare necessary information for the narrative descriptions of required sections of applications for securing tax credits, bond financing, subsidized funding, grants, credit enhancements and other applications as required;
- Analyze and negotiate pricing, terms and conditions with lenders, syndicators and agencies;
- Communicate effectively with lenders, syndicators, City, State & Federal agencies;
- Manage the transaction closing process - i.e. legal documentation review for debt and equity closing, due diligence collection, etc.;
- Take primary responsibility for overseeing the process of permanent conversions;
- Prepare and assist with the presentation of Requests for Proposal (RFP) packages for development purposes as needed;
- Support the President in special projects on an ad hoc basis.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Key Job Characteristics:
The successful applicant will have not only a demonstrable interest in and understanding of real estate development finance, but also a passion for the mission-oriented field of affordable and supportive housing. The applicant must have strong analytical and financial acumen, be a strategic thinker, with a strong degree of initiative, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while maintaining an attention to detail. Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are requisite. The candidate must have experience underwriting, utilizing Excel and be able to work effectively within a collaborative team approach. A graduate degree is preferred, but not required (depending on prior work or academic experience). At least 5 years of experience in managing real estate projects independently is required, experience in the supportive housing area is also a plus.
Employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send 1) a cover letter and 2) a resume by email to email@example.com. The cover letter should provide the applicant’s salary requirements and indicate in detail how he/she meets the specific qualifications of the job. For more information about Rockabill, please visit www.rockabill.com.