Goldstein Hall PLLC is actively seeking an admitted attorney, with a Real Estate background, for a promising Associate position. This is a fantastic opportunity for a diligent and dedicated Associate Attorney to gain valuable work experience and further their career with an established firm in Manhattan. The Associate Attorney will be responsible for commercial real estate transactions including the representation of developers, lenders and equity investors in various acquisitions, developments, dispositions and joint ventures. Qualified candidates will have 1-3+ years of recent commercial real estate experience.
For more information, contact Julia Chang firstname.lastname@example.org
The Underwriter/Senior Underwriter is responsible for conducting due diligence and underwriting for approval loans made to support the development of affordable housing, charter schools, and other community facilities. The Underwriter/Senior Underwriter works closely with Loan Officers to obtain credit approval of new loans and also to prescreen potential loans for
term sheet offers. As part of the Lending team, the Underwriter/Senior Underwriter supports the achievement of regional and overall Lending work plan goals.
Monadnock Development is a leader in the creation of affordable and market rate housing in New York City. Combining development, construction, financial and architectural expertise, our goal is to create high quality housing. Over the past 45 years, Monadnock, with its sister company Monadnock Construction, has built or developed over 17,000 apartments. As a firm, Monadnock focuses on large and complex projects that improve neighborhoods and serve New Yorkers at a wide range of incomes. It has approximately 3,600 apartments under its direct or indirect control.Read more
Bronx Pro Group seeks a compliance specialist to conduct annual income certifications for its growing affordable housing portfolio.
- Preparation and approval of annual income re-certifications for properties financed with LIHTC, HOME and other subsidy programs.
- Monitor and track compliance progress.
- Prepare compliance reports for review by allocating agencies.
- Ensure compliance with properties with multiple financing programs.
- Prepare for audits and respond to findings.
- Participate in NYC Housing Connect lotteries- conduct eligibility appointments for affordable housing programs.
- Complete applicant files by obtaining and reviewing applicant income documentation and third-party verifications and demonstrating that applicants meet all eligibility criteria.
- Other duties may include- credit and criminal background checks, assist with processing subsidies, showing units and other marketing and compliance activities.
The Director of Real Estate manages WHEDco’s real estate portfolio.
The Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco) is a community development organization founded on the radically simple idea that all people deserve healthy, vibrant communities. We build award‐winning, sustainable, affordable homes – but our work is not over when our buildings are complete. WHEDco believes that to be successful, affordable housing must be anchored in strong communities that residents can be proud of. WHEDco’s mission is to give the South Bronx access to all
the resources that create thriving neighborhoods – from high‐quality early education and after‐school programs, to fresh, healthy food, cultural programming, and economic opportunity.
Community Development Finance Group (CDFG)
Deutsche Bank is seeking to hire a temporary Consultant through February 2019 for the Community Development Finance Group. The Consultant will play an important role providing analytical, compliance, operational, and underwriting support for market-based, high impact loans and investments that benefit low- and moderate-income communities and individuals and address
emerging community development needs in the U.S. especially in New York City. A successful candidate will be a quick and positive thinking problem-solver who can work on various financial transactions with diverse stakeholders.
The Community Development Consultant will report to the CDFG Director. The position involves a high level of coordination with other members of the CDFG team, a small dynamic unit with multiple roles and responsibilities.
The Senior Asset Manager will be responsible for the day to day activities of the Asset Management team, ensuring that the RiseBoro Housing Portfolio operates as efficiently as possible and that the portfolio meets its financial and compliance requirements as defined in legal and regulatory agreements. The Asset Management Team works collaboratively with the property management, development and fiscal departments to ensure that the portfolio unleashes the potential of communities to thrive.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Housing
Director of Asset Management
The Community Development Finance (CDF) Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting and reviewing Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) qualifying investments and loans associated with the following asset classes: i)multifamily developments financed with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), ii) community development financial institutions (CDFIs), iii) real estate private equity funds, iv) Small Business Investment Corporations (SBIC), iv) New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC), and v) other qualifying assets for Santander Bank, N.A.’s CRA Program. The underwriting process formally assesses the risk of the proposed loans and investments and ensures they conform to Santander's credit risk management standards. Duties includeanalyzing due diligence items such as market trends, sponsor strength and financial projections; preparing credit write-ups and presenting to approval committees. In addition to the underwriting and review of investments and loans, the CDF Underwriter will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting the existing portfolio to stakeholders within the Bank.
- Perform underwriting and credit analysis of CRA qualifying loans and investments. Ensure transactions adhere to the Bank’s credit policy. (40%)
- Prepare approval memos for and presents to various credit committees on current and prospective loans and investments. (35%)
- Monitor the risk profile of the portfolio including risk rating of loans and investments and enforces credit policy compliance, regulatory and legal compliance, credit transaction integrity and completeness of all transactions. (20%)
- Keeps abreast of overall trends and best practices in multifamily real estate and affordable housing. Review industry periodicals, Bank portfolio data and other materials/statistics to build and maintain current knowledge of factors that impact Bank’s underwriting of its real estate investments. (5%)
Relationship Manager, Community Development Finance, Santander Bank
The Community Development Finance (CD Finance) Relationship Manager will be responsible for originations and relationship management of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) qualifying loans and investments in support of low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) projects, Small Business Investment Companies, New Markets Tax Credits, and community development financial institutions (CDFIs) for Santander Bank, N.A.’s CRA Program. The RM will conduct financial analysis and due diligence on potential loans and investments, prepare committee approval packages, and work with legal counsel to manage the closing process for the Bank’s growing community development portfolio. This position provides support to the CD Finance Director and works in partnership with CD Finance Portfolio Management.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct due diligence analysis on potential community development loans and investments throughout the Bank’s footprint. Perform site visits to lending opportunities 20%
- Conduct financial modeling to evaluate the structure of community development loans and investments. Coordinate reviews with internal partners 15%
- Prepare committee materials for review and approval. Assist with the coordination of internal reviews and approvals with internal departments 25%
- Work with internal and external counsel to achieve timely closing of transactions 20%
- Coordinate new client onboarding with Operations, CD Finance Portfolio Management Team and third party vendors. Collect new client onboarding documents 10%
- Assist with outreach for new relationships. Maintain lead database and prepare pipeline reports on potential transactions 10%
BFC Partners is a full service real estate firm with over 30 years experience acquiring,developing, and rehabbing affordable and market-rate housing. BFC has concluded over $3B in acquisition and development projects. BFC Partners, is seeking a full time Development Associate to manage existing projects in our pipeline, including a large scale mixed-use project in Brooklyn, NY.
Summary of Position:
The Development Associate is responsible for overseeing the development of certain multifamily and mixed-use real estate projects with a focus on planning, entitlement, financial analysis, and overall management of the development process from inception
to stabilization. A successful candidate is expected to concurrently and successfully manage multifaceted tasks for multiple projects with short deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working hand-in-hand with the Executive Director of Development, lenders, and equity partners to underwrite new development opportunities including identifying market-specific economic and demographic data, affordable housing finance programs, rental comparable information, construction cost estimates, and various entitlement issues.
- Overseeing and implementing all facets of the development process including planning, design, entitlement, construction and lease-up of the projects.
- Managing entitlement process and interfacing with community, government and elected
- Negotiating business deals with buyers, sellers, lenders, tenants, consultants, contractors, neighboring property owners, and others.
- Thoroughly reviewing civil, architectural and interior design plans to drive quality and cost effectiveness.