BFC Partners is a full service real estate firm with over 30 years experience acquiring,developing, and rehabbing affordable and market-rate housing. BFC has concluded over $3B in acquisition and development projects. BFC Partners, is seeking a full time Development Associate to manage existing projects in our pipeline, including a large scale mixed-use project in Brooklyn, NY.
Summary of Position:
The Development Associate is responsible for overseeing the development of certain multifamily and mixed-use real estate projects with a focus on planning, entitlement, financial analysis, and overall management of the development process from inception
to stabilization. A successful candidate is expected to concurrently and successfully manage multifaceted tasks for multiple projects with short deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working hand-in-hand with the Executive Director of Development, lenders, and equity partners to underwrite new development opportunities including identifying market-specific economic and demographic data, affordable housing finance programs, rental comparable information, construction cost estimates, and various entitlement issues.
- Overseeing and implementing all facets of the development process including planning, design, entitlement, construction and lease-up of the projects.
- Managing entitlement process and interfacing with community, government and elected
- Negotiating business deals with buyers, sellers, lenders, tenants, consultants, contractors, neighboring property owners, and others.
- Thoroughly reviewing civil, architectural and interior design plans to drive quality and cost effectiveness.
- Preparing, maintaining and monitoring project budgets and preparing monthly project
- Preparing and maintaining the financial projections, monthly draw requests and related analyses for the development and operation of the projects.
- Directing the internal project team and outside professionals in creating an effective strategy for the success of the projects and implementing that strategy.
- Providing leadership and mentoring for less experienced associates.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate and/or B.S in Finance/Real Estate/Civil
- MBA or Master’s Degree with applicable concentrations strongly preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 8 years of significant experience in Real Estate, with at least 5 years in Real Estate Development (preferably with an emphasis on multifamily affordable housing), land development and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to build and direct effective teams to manage major development projects.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of development and construction practices.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously through self-motivation, high energy, flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All qualified candidates can send resumes to [email protected]