Neighborhood Restore Housing Development Fund Corporation (“Neighborhood Restore”) and its affiliate nonprofit entities (Restored Homes HDFC, Restoring Communities HDFC, Preserving City Neighborhoods HDFC, Project Rebuild, Inc.) collaborate with the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (“HPD”) on programs that seek to foster neighborhood stabilization by efficiently transitioning properties from physical and financial abandonment to responsible third party ownership.
Neighborhood Restore’s affiliate nonprofit entity, Restored Homes HDFC (“Restored Homes”), purchases , rehabilitates and re-sells 1-3 family vacant foreclosed homes throughout New York City in order to create affordable homeownership opportunities for households of low- and moderate- income. Restored Homes collaborates with federal, state and municipal housing agencies, private lenders and community partners to foster its mission.
Restored Homes is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager.
- Manage, monitor and oversee property management and rehabilitation activities for a portfolio of sites, including the selection of architects, engineers, general contractors, expediters and “green communities” consultants.
- Formulate, review and approve scopes of work, project submittals and development budgets.
- Prepare RFQ’s and bid packages and review submissions to select general contractors, architects, engineers, as needed.
- Formulate, review and submit for approval monthly funding requisitions.
- Maintain organization’s compliance with all programmatic and funding reporting requirements.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Program both internally and externally.
- Coordinate closely with HPD and other partners on program activities to ensure program goals are met and work is being done in a timely manner and within budget.
- Ensure compliance through preparing reports to use to monitor the progress of activities and communicate program status with HPD.
- Work in close collaboration with the marketing and sales team to formulate home specific information for interested homebuyers and provide necessary access to the homes.
- Maintain files on all activities from acquisition through disposition in audit ready condition.
- Participate in quarterly Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in the areas of housing or community development, construction property management, or planning is required. Work experience with the City of New York and familiarity with NYC neighborhoods is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a graduate degree is preferred, but additional years of relevant experience may substitute for a formal degree.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ArcGIS.
- Ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines and use good judgment in satisfying conflicting demands and setting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and to perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Must have a strong interest in non-profit and government work and a willingness to work as an effective, enthusiastic member of a team towards the organizations’ missions.
- A valid driver’s license and car are preferred.
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Neighborhood Restore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.