Duval & Stachenfeld LLP has a strong need for a lawyer with a strong “Funds” practice – focusing on private equity and real estate. This includes representing clients in raising funds and the related regulatory work – both traditional, institutional type funds and non-traditional sponsor capital, debt and other funds.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a solid expertise in fund work within the real estate industry. There is not a hard and fast rule, but we would expect at least 20% of the candidate’s expertise to be with real estate funds. Enough to be marketable to the real estate industry;
- Have both high quality legal skills and expertise plus excellent client-facing skills;
- Have sufficient portable business to at least cover the base salary expected by the candidate;
- Have a desire to work within our real estate “Pure Play” model. Notably, we are very happy to support the candidate’s non-real estate clients; however, this is a real estate firm and the synergistic upside will likely come from marketing to the real estate industry; and
- Be a strong and solid fit for our collegial, team-oriented culture.
We already have this practice at the firm, but it is overflowing with work. And we expect great success going forward as this practice grows and our clients increasingly move towards fund-based strategies. There is “a hole at second base” here for an excellent candidate. Compensation will be discussed with the candidate on a case by case basis, however, we believe there will be economic upside here as the practice grows and develops.