Hudson Valley Property Group (HVPG) is an innovative New York City based real estate firm committed to the preservation of affordable and mixed income housing. We provide quality, well managed affordable and workforce housing to the communities we serve through investment in and renovation of residential properties. We identify as a double bottom line company: a for profit company that prioritizes social impact in our real estate investments. We currently have holdings of 2,400 units across 16 properties in NJ, NY and FL. We are in contract to close another 800+ units in the next 12 months and will be entering new states: PA, MD and CT.
HVPG seeks an Asset Manager, Associate / Analyst for our fast paced and growing company. The Asset Manager, Associate / Analyst will support the development staff and principals of Hudson Valley Property Group by analyzing, monitoring, and reporting on the performance of HVPG’s portfolio. He / she will assist in the creation of budgets and plans for our properties and ensure that our third-party managers are executing on those plans. He / she will make recommendations on operating expense improvements, strategies related to compliance / financing strategies and alert HVPG on any relevant issues or trends.
Specific duties are expected to include, but not be limited to performing, or assisting others with the performance of, the following:
• Review, analyze and reconcile monthly property financial statements; write standard monthly reports and maintain plans and actions. Update monthly cash analysis for each asset, monitoring cap ex and other operating expense items.
• Monitor the financial performance of investments, which entails maintaining financial models, reviewing annual budgets, and raising awareness of performance concerns.
• Produce ad hoc analyses to evaluate the performance of assets.
• Analyze and identify opportunities for value enhancement, improving cash flow and reducing expenses within the portfolio, including dispositions and refinancings.
• Collect market data and conduct benchmarking analysis.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business; related degree.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, multi-family lending or asset management.
• Knowledge of affordable housing finance programs, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits, IRS Section 42 and Section 8 programs a plus.
• Strong analytical skills and quantitative skills/highly skilled in financial analysis.
• Understanding of accounting procedures and financial reports with ability to analyze variances.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with proficiency in Excel
• Demonstrated ability to identify trends, errors, and opportunities.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, motivated, and able to multitask effectively in a deadline driven environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Meticulous; ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. Benefits include, company paid medical, vacation, and holiday schedule.
If Interested: Please send resume along with cover letter to: