The Title Examiner will interact with clients, and understand client needs, and become an integral part of the team. They will order appropriate searches and analyze public records in order to prepare a report of the current condition of Title and determine requirements in order to deliver ‘clear’ title to our clients. The Title Examiner will also complete endorsements, maintain a working knowledge of all open files, and conduct appropriate follow up with all parties to the transaction.
Newburgh Community Land Bank has an opportunity for an accomplished professional to join the organization as Executive Director. Since forming in 2012, NCLB has led the land banking effort across NYS and helped advance the transformation of downtown Newburgh into a community of choice through targeted investment in distressed properties. The Board of Directors seeks a dynamic leader for a new phase of growth and progress in furtherance of NCLB’s mission to improve the quality of life in Newburgh by stabilizing and revitalizing abandoned properties.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the executive director is responsible for overall management and operation of the Newburgh Community Land Bank. The executive director is a public-facing and accountable leader who oversees the development and execution of the Land Bank’s work plan, protects its assets, and ensures compliance with grantor, federal, state and local regulations.
Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $100 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Under the general direction of the department Director, the Entitlements Coordinator is responsible for acting as a resource for both clients and staff to inform them of the various city, state and federal entitlement programs; performing annual re-certifications and lease renewals; and performing related duties.
MHANY Management Inc. (MHANY) is a not-for-profit housing organization deeply committed to developing and managing rental and homeownership opportunities for very low-, low- and moderate-income people. Organizational values are centered around a need for social justice for lower-income people and people of color, often those most marginalized in our society and economic framework. MHANY owns and manages over 1,800 affordable rental apartments in New York City. MHANY provides free of charge homeownership counseling for first time homebuyers and foreclosure prevention. The successful candidate must embrace the core values of MHANY and believe in its organizational mission.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Housing Rehabilitation Project Manager performs a wide variety of tasks directly related to the planning, development, implementation and advocacy of affordable housing projects from acquisition through construction and occupancy.
* Oversee general office operations including, but not limited to, maintaining and responding to office equipment repair needs and ordering supplies
* Answer phone calls, distribute mail, and respond to incoming requests for information
* Coordinate board meetings and compile board books
* Update content on website
* Handle all computer related matters
*Assist accounting staff with general office related expenses
Neighborhood Restore’s affiliate entity, Preserving City Neighborhoods HDFC (“Preserving City Neighborhoods”) is working in collaboration with a unique set of partners supported by HPD to oversee the Community Restoration Fund (“CRF”) Program. The CRF Program acquires overleveraged mortgage notes for the purpose of repositioning and preserving distressed or at‐risk distressed housing in New York City.
* Work closely with HPD, community partners, and loan servicing organization to review loss mitigation workout proposals for homeowners. Present proposals to Credit Committee and monitor progress of loss mitigation resolutions.
*Prepare management reports to track status of loss mitigation activities for homeowners in portfolio.
*Maintain compliance with all programmatic and funding reporting requirements.
*Prepare and submit requisitions to credit facility lenders to fund program expenses including acquisitions, carrying costs, and rehabilitation.
*Perform property and legal due diligence for future acquisitions of properties by liaising with lenders, servicers, attorneys, and title companies.
Neighborhood Restore Housing Development Fund Corporation (“Neighborhood Restore”) and its affiliate nonprofit entities (Restored Homes HDFC, Restoring Communities HDFC, Preserving City Neighborhoods HDFC, Neighborhood Renewal HDFC, Project Rebuild, Inc.) collaborate with the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (“HPD”) on programs that seek to foster neighborhood stabilization by efficiently transitioning properties from physical and financial abandonment to responsible third party ownership. Neighborhood Restore also utilizes citywide partnerships to create and preserve affordable home ownership opportunities for households of low‐ and moderate‐ income.
The Director of Programs, with the assistance and direction of the Executive Director and Deputy Director, will oversee the activities of numerous housing programs administered by the Organization.
2-year analyst program with opportunity for promotion at end of term
• Provide support in all aspects of affordable housing acquisition, rehabilitation, and development (Section 8, LIHTC, etc.) in core markets across the US
• Expected to make substantial contributions to analysis that will inform the firm’s investment decisions
• Compilation of due diligence information including financial, market, site, and regulatory data
• Analyzing and comparing complex partnership agreements and cash flow waterfalls
• Manage project pro formas including budgets, schedule, timing, and underwriting assumptions
Camber Property Group LLC is a small, but growing real estate development platform. Its principals have 10+ years of experience in the acquisition and development of affordable, market rate and mixed-income properties in NYC. For more information, visit www.camberpg.com.
CPG is looking for paid interns to work on a variety of projects under the guidance of the 2 principals of the firm. Some assignments are exciting, some are less so, but all will give you insight into the world of residential, and mixed-use development. Internships will be for eight to ten weeks beginning immediately.
The Director of Property Management is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all property management functions and staff. Supervises Property Management Staff.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Develop management operating plans for all new rental and managed properties, including rent collection, legal action, fair and affirmative marketing, and compliance with budget and regulatory requirements.
* Ensure compliance with government programs including but not limited to ETPA, the Federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program, State Low-Income Housing Credits, Tax Exempt Bond Financing, HOME, the Westchester County Rental Assistance Program and all others.