Southside United HDFC (Los Sures) is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team of housing and community development professionals. The Senior Project Manager will report directly to the Director of Housing Development. The department plans and directs all activities of Los Sures’ real estate and community planning initiatives. Los Sures is a highly regarded not-for-profit community-based organization serving northern Brooklyn with a portfolio of affordable residential housing and a pipeline of new development projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES -
- The Senior Project Manager will assist the Director:
- Manage the planning, pre-development, development and transition to occupancy phases of projects
- Coordinate the hiring of the design team and other specialized consultants (e.g., contractors, architects, engineers, appraisers and others)
- Prepare and/or review project financial modeling
- Monitor development budgets and construction draw downs
- Initiate and evaluate new development opportunities
- Leverage existing public, private, for-profit and nonprofit relationships to identify new development opportunities
- Formulate development policy, goals and budgets
- Perform outreach duties and public relations work as needed; attend neighborhood and community meetings
- Coordinate with the agency’s housing management and social services departments
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Department Director and agency Executive Director
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with affordable and/or supportive housing
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in real estate, urban planning, architecture or related field a plus
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, city, local and private funding sources
- Proven ability to work effectively with low-income, diverse, multi-ethnic populations
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills, including facility with word processing and spreadsheets
To apply, please email your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.