POP Development has a Full-Time Project Manager’s vacancy located in Brooklyn Heights. POP is an experienced developer with over 48 completed developments, several sites in construction, and an active project pipeline. This is an opportunity to develop and preserve affordable housing for families, seniors and persons with special needs, in a dynamic mission-based organization.
This position, under the general direction of the Vice President of POP Development, assists in the strategizing, planning, organizing and implementation of real estate projects. The Project Manager will serve as the primary POP Development point person and be responsible for ensuring the on-time and on-budget completion of a minimum of two real estate projects at one time. The Project Manager must have the ability to work both as part of a team and independently on complex assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare, analyze, and revise functional pro formas.
* Analyze potential sources of financing.
* Develop and track project budgets before and during construction.
* Coordinate, secure, and requisition project capital and operating funding sources.
* Monitor construction process including progress schedules and project financial management.
* Oversee project development and team.
* Manage real estate development projects from predevelopment through construction under the direction of Vice President of POP Development.
* Review and negotiate project legal and contract documents.
* Communicate with internal and external development team members (i.e.; POP staff, architect, contractor, counsel and other consultants).
* Participate in project identification, site assessment, and feasibility analysis for development.
* Participate in selecting the development team.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Planning, Public Administration or Business preferred.
* Minimum two years of real estate experience required.
* Real estate development experience, including experience in affordable and LIHTC housing development preferred.
* Solid understanding of operating budgets, and pro formas with experience in the use of various related computer programs including Microsoft Suite.
* Ability to successfully manage and complete complex development projects that involve multiple sources of financing.
* Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to take initiative and work with directed, but limited, supervision.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefit package including pension and health insurance, along with generous paid vacation and personal days.
While applying, please use the appropriate title of a position in the subject line.
Send Resume and Cover Letter attention to: