The Corporation for Supportive Housing is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for developing analyses, forecasting, and transactional and portfolio reporting while also performing the day-to-day activities related to managing and closing loans. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is located in CSH’s New York Office.The Organization:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
-Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
Working for CSH:
If you have a desire to make a difference for people and families we have a place for you. Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and does change the lives of individuals facing acute disabilities, complex medical and mental conditions, substance use disorders and economic barriers, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Loan Portfolio Manager in our Finance Team. The Finance Team is an integral part of CSH focusing on efficiency, accuracy and transparency of business support services.
The Position: The Corporation for Supportive Housing is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for developing analyses, forecasting, and transactional and portfolio reporting while also performing the day-to-day activities related to managing and closing loans. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is located in CSH’s New York Office.
Loan Administration and Closing
- Review financial transactions and terms for accuracy, compliance and completeness. Input transactions into and maintain loan system, monitor ongoing compliance and manage performance dates.
- Collect, review and analysis of reporting requirements related to each financial transaction throughout the entire life-span of a loan, from approval to close.
- Work with internal partners (lenders and finance staff) to proactively address compliance issues and any required modifications a loan or grants terms and conditions.
- Work with Legal Department to setup bank wires of loan disbursements, repayments and proceeds.
- Implement and oversee loan and portfolio reporting, including regular status reports.
- Prepare and ensure timely reporting to investors, the CDFI fund and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Support and collaborate with Fund Development, Community Investment Team, Executive Staff and other internal stakeholders on preparing and analyzing reports as needed.
- Respond to any CDFI Fund requests that may arise (FA/CMF), and pull staff in to address as needed.
- Participate in training of new staff people on reporting compliance process and systems.
- Prepare information for monthly Loan Portfolio Monitor Committee and lead discussions on Loan Portfolio Quality.
- Oversee on-going review of borrowers for adjustments to Loan Loss Reserve based on risk factors
Financial Analysis and Management
- Provide necessary schedules and information to maintain accuracy of information in the general ledger regarding above activities. Assist the CFO in assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of CSH’s current systems and procedures for handling all the responsibilities outlined abov
- Recommend modifications to policies, procedures or risk rating methods to improve risk identification and mitigation.
- Other duties or special projects as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Three to five years of experience in loans or accounts receivable management and administration highly desirable.
- A BS in business or economics highly desirable.
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to capture, synthesize and present information in report form.
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service.
- Experience with reporting utilizing multiple databases, statistics and experience using a range of quantitatively-based analytical methods.
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Proficient with spreadsheets, standard office automation applications and relational database structures.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics or other complex accounting systems a plus
- Proficient with loan administration software platforms, preferably The Exceptional Assistant (TEA)
CSH staff are mission driven, we take initiative, pursue goals with minimal supervision and are adept at managing multiple assignments effectively.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it always has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer.