Overview: This position will play a key role in the oversight and performance of NHPF’s growing multi-family portfolio. It is anticipated that this position’s responsibilities will increase proportionally with the growth of the portfolio.
Reports To: Senior Vice President – Asset Management
Location: New York City or Washington, D.C.
- Work with senior staff and third-party management companies overseeing the operations of the portfolio to maximize operating results and increase the value of the assets
- Review and analyze financial reports to monitor results and identify issues and trends
- Develop action plans to correct issues with underperforming assets
- Participate in the development and review of annual property operating budgets
- Review property documents to highlight ongoing reporting and compliance requirements and work with internal and external parties to ensure compliance
- Perform regular site visits to existing properties to assess operations
- Assist the Development Group with due diligence on acquisitions
- Minimum of 3-5 years of commensurate experience in multi-family housing asset management. Prior property management experience a plus.
- Experience working with HUD and LIHTC S42 rules and regulations a plus
- Strong analytical and computer skills including Excel spreadsheets and macros
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to effectively work with partners and outside parties
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus in real estate, finance, accounting or related major. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must be available to travel 25%-30% including overnight travel
Send resume to: